Followers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Never Would Have Made It

I've been reading a book called Breaking Free by Beth Moore and it has been one of those books that you can read in doses. In addition, I've been reading Praying God's Word For Your Life by Beth Moore as well. The books have proven to be a wonderful conviction and eye opening experience since I realize how much I worry rather than praying to God about my triumphs and challenges.

Yesterday I received an award as a A Woman You Should Know and I quite honestly was stunned. And then I realized that being in the "thick of a situation" I have forgotten to celebrate myself.

God has brought me in business and now I am in the 6th year of a educational practice with two offices. I am earning more contracts than ever and increasing the number of clientele. But Breaking Free from Strongholds of Disbelief, Pride, etc are essential and allowing God to be the only Stronghold in my life. It is true that God is larger than large and He can change things in the blink of an eye. But believing God and not being afraid to walk and proceed with Faith is what his desire is. It is true that He will do exceedingly abundantly beyond all we could ever ask of think.
My favorite scripture is Hebrews 10:35
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.
My other favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future
Another favorite scripture is Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.


There is a favorite song by Marvin Sapp that is my testimony in song.

No comments: