Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CAN'T STOP NOW!

I attended a celebration yesterday honoring Dr. King. It was more than a reminder that I must not get weary in doing this work! There are too many shoulders that I stand upon to give up, turn back, or not move with focused determination.

There was a young lady who presented an original poem entitled "Enlighten Me"...the first formed chapter of NSBE in this community was also presented. The question is "What am I giving?" beyond my professional day to day. I often find this a difficult question to answer since I truly believe that my professional work is also my ministry. It is Heart work! However, I must make some time..aside from my exercise schedule :) [it is coming on a consistent basis]. I have decided to start a Toastmaster's for Teens chapter in this community! It speaks to me professionally and personally in teaching communication skills to teens.

In remembering Dr. King...I remember Harriet Tubman (my She-Ro), Betty Shabazz, Malcolm X, and many more. These strong shoulders hold me up so that I may someday be the shoulders upon which someone else will stand!

No comments: